And so the journey continues....

The "Imaginary Gardens" opening was wonderful. Thank you to all my family and friends who attended.
What a journey this has been creating all of these paintings. In all my years of painting I had never created a themed "body of work" until now...no... wait...I have created series but most were illustrative or vehicles of learning. Yes they were "painted" but not what most would call, "Paintings" or "Fine Art" or...maybe it is just me, the scared me, the little me looking outside, comparing myself to others. Judging myself by price tags and sales...not honoring the truth that with each completed piece of work I had tapped into part of my soul. I had tapped into what the ancient Greeks called "Genius" that bit of star soul that each of us are born with but tend not to listen to or act upon, but instead listen to the babbles of the world, judge ourselves and then act upon what is shown to us as "successful...popular...trending..."

Golly...true confessions...deep breath...

I am a painter. I will continue to be a painter and paint. And so the journey continues...

Iris Wishes/2016/ 12"x16"/Mary Anita Winklea/Photo Ernie Viskupic
For comments or information: mwinklea@gmail.com