Magical Cat Mystical Garden

 I love cats. I have had cat companions most of my life. Except for the occasional borrowed cat, I have been cat-less for the past few years. One summer about five years ago cats began showing up in my garden. First was a striped orange kitten who then invited two japanese bobtail cats to join him in the garden. They loved to chase and play and nap under the peach tree. Then an old grumpy war torn grey feral cat decided he liked the garden too and joined the menagerie under the peach tree.
 Now, this many cats showing up at one time might seem odd, but what was more astonishing…they all got along! The bobtails and the kitten did not bother or try to cajole the grumpy grey cat into joining them and between naps grumpy grey cat would watch as the three other cats leaped, chased and performed various cat antics. It was a magical summer of cats in the garden.
 My latest painting in the Imaginary Gardens series captures the feeling of that wonder-filled summer of cats.
Magical Cat Mystical Garden
20"x 23" Oil on cradled  panel