Betty & Coco

As I mentioned in a previous post, I love painting portraits, especially those from unposed family photographs. Recently I received a commission from my daughter Sonja's partner Cortney to paint a portrait of Cortney's Grandmother Betty and Betty's beloved dog, Coco. The photo was lovely. It had been taken at a family picnic and I could feel the love connection between Betty & Coco.

The completed painting was sent off to Betty. A few days later I received a photo of Betty holding the painting. Seeing the joy in Betty's face, I do not know how to describe how deeply touched I was. Still even writing this I feel such deep, deep gratitude that my creativity can bring another such joy. Thank you to you Cortney and to your family!
Betty & Coco 12"x9" oil on cradled panel
Betty with her painting.