...and so it begins...

These swirls, smears and brush strokes are how I begin a painting. Well, maybe I should clarify that. This is how I begin one of my "Imaginary Gardens" paintings. I began this adventure almost two years ago and posted pictures of the first imaginary garden paintings I had done. They were quite small, the largest being 8"x10". Time passed. I sold several of the paintings and life went on. I did some commissioned  portraits and continued my practice of "brush cleaning" moving onto larger boards with the thought that eventually I would do more Imaginary Gardens. Well that time has come. I have been invited to show some of my work at a local frame shop and I would like to share this experience with you as I work to put this collection together. With six paintings in progress I will begin my posts at the beginning...with swirls, smears, and brush strokes...
9"x12" oil on cradled board / photo by Ernie Viskupic

20"x20" oil on cradled board /photo by Ernie Viskupic
For information or comments: www.mwinklea@gmail.com